I have over 20 years of experience as a psychotherapist and specialize in personality issues. I will work with you to tailor a therapy style that is comprehensive and sensitive to your needs.
Are you afraid of being abandoned? Do you try to avoid being alone? Do you have unstable and intense relationships? Are you often confused about who you are as a person? Do you often feel bored, empty, or in deep emotional pain? Do your emotions and moods change frequently? If you answered yes to most of these questions I may be able to help you.
I can help you overcome:
- Fear of being abandoned
- Feelings of emptiness and boredom
- Frequent displays of inappropriate anger
- Impulsiveness with money, substance abuse, sexual relationships, binge eating, or shoplifting
- Intolerance of being alone
- Repeated crises and acts of self-injury, such as wrist cutting or overdosing
Research has suggested that childhood physical and sexual abuse, early parental loss due to death or divorce, multiple caretakers, such as foster care, and parental neglect are among the risk factors for development of a personality disorder. Without adequate treatment, the illness is lifelong, and all too often ends in a severely unfulfilled, constricted existence, or worst case, in suicide.
Please call me at 720-381-7491 or e-mail me yelena@DenverPsychotherapy4u.com to discuss how therapy might help you.